Introduction to Leadership
EXD 320-12 Introduction to Leadership
3 Hours, Administrative Sciences or Human Services
Instructor: Dr. Jimmy Thompson
*Contract should be completed 6 months after beginning date.
To gain an understanding of leadership through studying theories and current topics
that addresses the concept of leadership. Be able to identify effective leadership
- To identify effective leadership styles as presented in various group situations
- To gain a working knowledge of the concept of leadership and how this definition can
be applied to group and work environments.
- To gain knowledge of leadership theories. The student will be able to identify strengths
and weaknesses of leadership theories that are presented.
- To demonstrate ability to apply knowledge gained in this contract to various leadership
- Demonstrate ability to recognize effective leadership.