Learning Skills for Adults
EXD 335-2 Learning Skills for Adults
3 Hours Electives
Instructor: Dr. H. Ed Florey
*Contract must be completed within 6 months.
The purpose of this contract is to gain an understanding of basic learning principles
and strategies and to develop personal methods to use them that are productive and
unique to the learner.
- To assess my present study skills and identify learning strategies and styles to overcome
- To gain knowledge of motivational and goal-setting techniques for study.
- To identify procrastination patterns and develop appropriate time management strategies.
- To gain knowledge and become efficient in the following basic organizational skills
for academic studying and learning:
a) Listening and Note-taking
b) Textbook Reading
c) Memory and Concentration
d) Test-taking Skills
e) Organizing for Writing
- To find out the implications of developing learning strategies from Right/Left Brain
*IMPORTANT: The assignments included in this contract are designed to be completed
in steps with time between each for the student to reflect on the knowledge, insights,
and awareness gained. Accordingly, each student enrolled will be expected to follow
the time schedule for completing assignments. The entire contract must be completed
no later than 6 months after enrollment.